View Single Post
Old 02-28-2022, 04:21 AM
WMUTeach

Well moratorium friends, I have only purchased backing and a couple of FQs specific to a quilt I am making since the new year. But Good Golly Miss Molly!, I have been blessed with so much fabric in the past month, I have projects falling out of my brain by the bolt. A quilting friend has had to give up quilting for medical reasons and she gave me 5 bags of scraps and at least three unfinished quilts. All three are at some level of piecing done but not finished to the flimsy stage yet. Then there are scraps, pre-washed charm squares and on and on.

Yesterday I picked up two computer paper boxes of the most brilliant, bright and so out of my style fabrics that are high-end 2 and 3-yard cuts that were being given away. In addition among the bags were half finished projects, such as large bed sized quilts that are partially finished hand-quilted beauties. Well the list goes on and on and on. I just could not say no to the opportunity to stretch my quilting style at no cost to me except exercising my brain. .

Oh yes, and there is a trunk load, not exaggerating, of other boxes that will be donated to my quilting group tonight. This quilter's stash was deep and extensive. She passed away and after long years her husband is ready to clean out her studio.

Holding firm on my purchase of fabric and continuing to shop my stash for every creation, but I have been blessed and blessed abundantly with new fabric to keep me turning out more donation quilts. I won't be supporting my LQS very much. Is that good or is that bad. What a quandary!