View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 09:26 PM
cashs_mom

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
I had to google it. The first time I tried, I got a lot of pictures of showers with glass doors! Yikes! Anyway on the second attempt, it said that the display showers are to cut down on the time spent unwrapping gifts and have more time for talking and visiting. Also, it is cuts down on the waste from all the wrapping paper. Umm...I Dunno, I kind of like listening to the comments as each gift is unwrapped and admired especially the handmade ones. I had a friend who gave me pieces from her exercise shorts as the fabric was cute (had brightly colored frogs on them) and she thought I could use it in my quilting. Well, I put the pieces in an "I spy" quilt and gifted it as my gift at her first grandchild's baby shower. We all got a laugh at that as we told grandma she got to explain to her grandson were those frog blocks came from. It was also fun watching my friend as she spied the frogs!
That was always my favorite part of showers. I hated the games. The uwrapping of the packages and seeing how surprised people were was the best. I also liked all the pretty packages with wrappings and bows. Of course, that's my favorite part of Christmas and birthday presents too.