Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Display Baby Shower >

Display Baby Shower

Display Baby Shower

Old 03-08-2022, 07:30 AM
Power Poster

Both my daughters had no wrapping baby shower gifts ten and twelve years ago. It wasn't called a display though, just said on the invitation please do not wrap the gift. Some came in gift bags with no tissue or ribbons. The gifts were set on or around a table and the mom to be would pick up each one and admire it and thank the person who brought it. Much better then her sitting there tearing paper, tape, saving the bows. Lots of waste to deal with for no reason. They had a full sit down lunch with lot of visiting time. The dad and grandads came for cake time. They got so many compliments about how nice the baby showers were.

Last edited by Onebyone; 03-08-2022 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-08-2022, 08:59 AM
Power Poster

When my granddaughter was coming 2 years ago a group had a shower for my DIL. It was a sit-down luncheon held in a nice restaurant. She didn't open her gifts, rather, she and my son opened them when we returned to their home.
It seemed a little strange to me but I just figured that's how they do things now. We had a wonderful time.
Old 03-09-2022, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
That was always my favorite part of showers. I hated the games..

I haven't been to a baby shower with games in 20 years, thankfully at least in my part of the country the games are out of fashion! Every shower I've been to except maybe a few, both the expectant father & mother were there and it was a nice co-ed social hour with food and drinks.

I did go to a shower a couple years ago where they didn't open gifts until the last and then made a quick announcement "we're going to open gifts but if you'd like to go home, that's perfectly fine" Most of the group left and it became a really nice cozy affair with gift opening which I loved.