View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 01:43 AM
SueZQ from MN

Maybe you could fold the quilt so that it is in a wedge shape going from the center to an outer edge that would show a slice of the whole design. Just safety pin the top together at the point and again along the bottom edge to keep the shape. That question answered, I'd like to add another personal comment, and I hope that no one will be offended by my honesty. My age might be showing, but I think that the future mother (or bride) has an obligation at a shower to take the time to personally open each gift and express her thanks and comments to the giver. With the money that people are expected to spend these days on a gift, just placing them on a table for the recipient to take home and look at later, is not time saving, it is rude and insulting to the invited guests. Since the object of the shower is the gifts, then that should be the focus of the party, and if there isn't time to unwrap them, then cut down or eliminate the other activities. I am sorry, but if the mommy-to-be doesn't have time to unwrap and acknowledge my gift and express her thanks, then I might not have time to make or buy a gift or come to the shower. If saving the environment by not using paper and bows is the reason, then ask that people use recyclable or reusable packaging, like Irishrose2 suggested, but don't skip that part of the shower.