View Single Post
Old 03-10-2022, 04:24 AM
WMUTeach

Picture sorting success.............kind of. I got all of my photos off of thumb drives and divided into into folders by year and topic/grandchild on my laptop. Next step is to go photo by photo and date them. One step down and on to the next!. Will any one look at them in the future? My family are good historians and my son and one daughter are photographers. So, for me yes, they will be looked at. I am deleting duplicates and the blurry ones along the way as well as the "what was that" pictures.

I am also toying with creating an electronic file of photos that I would like to be used at my funeral/memorial.(No plans on leaving any time soon. ) There are some things, particularly in my professional life, that I am proud of that my family were not part of. Guess I would just like those to be acknowledges also.

I create opportunities to show my photos to my grandchildren. I want them to see their parents as children, me as a child and pictures of great and great great grandparents back 4 & 5 generations back. I take great pleasure in listening to them exclaim "Is that mommy?" and for them to discover that it was my grandmother as a child or her father. Yes, for me it is part of my grandmother obligation to pass down family history. Back to labeling photos! You have been so patient while I ramble on.