View Single Post
Old 03-18-2022, 04:23 PM
Loveofquilts

It sounds like you ladies have been having a good time. That's wonderful! Sorry I haven't been posting much. I have been lurking and enjoying all the ideas that you all throw forth. I wore myself out with rag quilts for my nephews and the other 2 for my sisters. I still have 3 rag quilts left to do. I'm working on 1 right now, but I get distracted so easily. I've been making quilted bags/totes and zipper pouches. I've also made scrunchies, that was fun. I've made prairie point potholders and folded fabric star ornaments. I'm working on perfecting a pattern for sewing your own underwear. The first prototype worked but I didn't cut it quite right. I'm using the old cotton knit shirts I have. I have never made alterations before, this is new.

I have been making string blocks and baby windmill blocks when I get a chance. One day, hopefully soon I'll have enough string blocks to put together a quilt. I can't wait. I've been taking everyone's scraps and making little stuff with them for the past couple of months now.

I even upcycled an already upcycled tote bag that was originally an quilted and embroidered pillowcase from what I can tell. I boxed the corners and made a lining with several pockets for it and use it when I get together with my local quilty gals each week.

I've also been working on my physical therapy. I got so sick after covid it messed up my stomach and I lost almost 30 lbs in 2 months. I'm mostly better now. I graduated from physical therapy almost 2 weeks ago and I transitioned over to the gym. All was well until Monday, Spring break. The boy brought flu home to us... I don't remember having body aches like this before. Now I have an earache and the beginnings of a secondary bacterial infection. I went and got antibiotics today, still feeling like crud but in better spirits now.

I hope you guys like my book of a post. I have slowly been adding to my stash of 2.5s as I go through scraps and cut them to size if needed. I need to start making 9 patches and keep a bag of them going like the strings and baby windmill blocks.

Have a wonderful weekend. We're supposed to have good weather this weekend, hope we will get to enjoy some of it.