Old 03-27-2022, 11:08 AM
Onebat

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
Straight diagonal lines are difficult on longarm. You would need to use a ruler as you quilt to get the lines straight. I do not know of any longarm that would have channel locks on the diagonal and I am not sure how you would put the quilt on the frame on the diagonal. Longarm do have stitch regulators. However, longarms are great for quilting. I don't know if you can get a computer program to do diagonal lines. If you think you want a longarm, I would see if I could find a shop that offers classes and also rents out time on one of those machines before deciding to buy.
This is a great plan @sewingpup . Im in the UK and longarms are less common here I think so I will do some investigating about classes/tryouts.

I can see that using a ruler would be a bit of a pain, but probably still less of a pain than shoving a huge quilt through a SS machine trying to keep everything straight and smooth? I would save a lot of time on the horizontal/verticals with the channel locks I think. Maybe I will have less perspective in my designs going forward ;-)