Old 03-28-2022, 07:20 PM
oreo1912

I have a brother PQ1500 which is similar to the Juki TL2200 It has a 9” throat and I have it mounted on a Grace SR2 frame which is obsolete but they have the QZone queen frame now which looks very similar. I do a lot of forward/reverse and diagonal quilting all the time. I do not have any channel locks. I do use a 8” ruler for long diagonal lines. I have found that over time I can do shorter lines without even using a ruler. Now a ruler foot will help keep you from running over your ruler. I do have a stitch regulator but I can get pretty even stitches without it once you get used to the speed you need to obtain the stitch length you want.

The brother does not seem to have tension fits and is not a thread snob. It sews any thread I feed it and once I get the tension set I only have to adjust it if it gets really humid.

Now it takes some practice but once you get a sense for it you can really fly. Only downfall is the 9” throat space. You have to roll a lot and start and stop more. But for the price and space it fits my needs.