View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 05:47 PM
Railroadersbrat

Originally Posted by 1.41
The model number should be on the plate on the front of the machine near the stitch length regulator. The internal mechanisms of the 15 and the 66 which were Singer's most common models are rather different. That said, there's nothing to oiling the machine. If the machine turns heavily, Singer recommended using kerosene. Drip some into all the oiling holes and drip some onto all points where one piece of metal connects to, pivots against or turns on another piece of metal. Then oil all those same points. Use sewing machine oil only. No other kind. Lots of people like Triflow with teflon. I've never tried it. Don't use other stuff like 3-in-1 or WD40.

If there isn't a model number on the machine, it may be a very early machine such as a 27, 28 or perhaps a 128. Post a picture here and someone will know what you have.

Manuals can be downloaded from the Singer website. You don't open any case numbers, you just navigate to this link and put in your model number.

https://www.singer.com/en-ca/support
I did get the model number, I'm just having a heck of a time finding a manual for it. The Singer website was the first place I went to and when I put in the model number, it gave me a 404 error and said I was lost. Did that four separate times using four separate web browsers and got the same error, that's when I emailed them with the model number and got the case number. I still haven't heard back from them about it, so I've been trolling the Internet to see if I could find something on my own, then came here when I couldn't find anything.