View Single Post
Old 04-05-2022, 05:26 AM
Railroadersbrat

More Pictures....

1.41 - I was wrong - I do have the foot pedal but it has been attached to the cabinet and the knee lever mechanism pushes the button in, see the pictures. I still cannot find the three-pin connector, I talked to the fiancé just a bit ago and he was told that the connector was never with the machine when it was dropped off at the place where he got it. I also found out that this lady has only had three previous owners, grandmother, mother and daughter. Daughter suffered a catastrophic stroke about 20 years ago and just passed about six months ago. We know the owner of the shop that he got her from, he's going to get in touch with her this morning to see if we could track down the family, it was his understanding that up until the daughter had the stroke, she was using it, so I'm betting the connector was somehow misplaced, at least I'm hoping. The owner of the shop talked the family into selling the machine to her, they were about to take it for scrap. To think we almost lost this beautiful old lady just made my stomach lurch so hard, I had to sit down. I'm still reeling from that information. Also, if you look at the picture with the foot pedal, you'll see I scored an old cleaning brush, too, lol.

OurWorkbench - I watched a couple of those videos this morning, then stumbled onto another channel, Vintage Sewing Machine Garage - he was working on a model close to the same age as my girl and I subscribed to his channel. I've already got a shopping list of things to get, I've got enough sewing machine oil to at least get the cleaning started and I'm breaking into the dozens of makeup brushes I have to build a kit. I only use natural bristles in my makeup brushes, they'll be super soft and gentle.
Attached Thumbnails img_20220405_065714.jpg   img_20220405_065741.jpg   img_20220405_065916.jpg