View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 10:43 AM
JENNR8R

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Do you have any pets? What kind and how many? Any great names or stories?
I've had six female rescue beagles over the past 27 years. I don't like people names for dogs so here is what I named them:

1. Scout (a girlscout) - after she died I was brokenhearted and kept getting more to find her again. It never worked. They all have different personalities.

2. Dixie (nickname for the South) - She was challenging... doggy daycare fired her, and I had to rehome her. I was brokenhearted.

3. Gherkin (a small pickle) - She wasn't Scout so I got another one to keep her company hoping to find Scout again.

4. Garnish (something to add color and flavor, or what the Vet was going to do to my paycheck) - She had lots of medical problems and was an escape artist. She wasn't Scout either so I got a third one.

5. Gadget (a small object that appears to be useful, but is often unnecessary seemed like an appropriate name for a third beagle). She wasn't Scout.

After Gherkin, Garnish, and Gadget died I was brokenhearted.

6. Feather (my favorite quilting motif) She wasn't Scout either, but I loved her just as much. She was the healthiest beagle of all of them, but she suddenly got breast cancer at age 13. A month after her diagnosis I put her down on March 7, 2022.

I am brokenhearted, and it's the first time in 27 years that I haven't had to care for a beagle. I won't get another one for many reasons, but Feather is haunting me. I miss her so much. I finally realized that I can't replace a beloved dog with another.
Attached Thumbnails feather.jpg