View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 12:58 AM
Gannyrosie

Through the years we've had pets off and on. Our first was a cat named skimble. He was named by our oldest who was obsessed with the musicale Cats. Then came our 1st boxer, Rip,. He was a tall one who was very loving. When my daughter turned 5 ,on her birthday, a co worker asked if I would take her blue and gold Amazon ( macaw) till she could get settled in a place. So I took it on. The kids loved him and he only liked the girls. My husband and I were his enemies. His name was McDuff. Sadley we lost him 30 years later. Nope she ( previous coworker) never came back for him and she moved on. We've adopted another outside cat,black, after hurricane Katrina. Showed up 1 day, started feeding him, and he never left. Husband called him After Midnight, cause that's when he would get home and feed him. Danté was my 2nd boxer whom we lost at 7 years, due to re- ruptur of his hernia's. Now we're on our 3 Rd, Mick, whome since I retired, and hubby still works, grand kids are no longer close, and just protection from new orleans's crazies. He's 4, and still acts like he's 1, spoiled rotten and rules the house.
yup, we love animals, though, as I age, this may be my last.