Thread: Pieced backing
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 12:03 PM
Schill93

The original poster asked how others feel about this, and I quote. "I just don’t get why people spend so much money and time on the front of their quilts and then just use scraps to make the back without much thought of coordinating them"
Note the underlined part. I gave a honest answer of how I feel about it. To me, much of the fun of a quilt is it's two sided coordinating fabrics, and being able to showcase either side, and how pretty it can look with one side flopped over the front. . It is what I like.

Obviously, if someone does not care about how the back looks, than that is also their opinion. It is their money, their time, and their quilt. I have also pieced the backs of my quilts combining fabric from the front of the quilt with fabric from my stash, but I always take take great pain to coordinate them with the front so either side will bring a smile to my face (or the person I am giving it to). I like a quilt to be two sided, pretty on both sides, and coordinated with each other. That is my preference, not the law.

To me, maybe because of my old age, a quilt has always been a two sided commodity, made to bring pleasure no matter what side is being showcased..

Last edited by Schill93; 05-12-2022 at 12:07 PM.