View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 08:58 AM
toogie

Default need pattern and or ideas

Hi Quilters, this morning I went to therapy and my PT asked me to make a quilt for a football game. The teams are local, private and public small town. One team colors are blue and gold, the other is purple and white. However, he said it was going to be western theme this year. WHAT? I had to admit I am not into games and really don't understand what western has to do with football. When he said western, I told him I thought I downloaded a boot quilt block (can't seem to find it since I got home) He said cowboy boot would be good. I don't know exactly what he has pictured in his mind, to use schools colors(?) how will they look together, or denim and bandanna fabric. Do you have any thoughts I could run by him? Do you know where I could possibly find a free block? I have a 12 1/2 inch football block. I even thought of doing a row quilt, with one school colors of boots in half the quilt and other school colors in bottom half, with a row of footballs in between. Then I don't know if I use a white background how the purple and white boot would show....Just running ideas as I type. I guess you can tell I'm thinking. Let me know what you think and please any links to anything western blocks. He didn't say he would pay me for my time. He knows I make for charities, but he did want to give me money for the fabric. I couldn't tell him how much fabric would be until we decide the fabric and the pattern but I did tell him fabric is higher than you think. Have a nice day and thanks in advance- Toogie