View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 08:22 AM
Railroadersbrat

Default An Idea I've Got Floating in My Head

Hello ladies - hoping everyone is staying cool in this heat! I've got something going in my head but I'm not sure how to do it, so I'm hoping for some advice or tips.

There is a chance I am going to Kansas City to visit my family next month for a couple weeks, maybe three. I got to thinking about what I could take up there to work on and I'd like to take my sister's Double Wedding Ring up to thread baste, picture is attached for refreshers/reference. I usually stay with my best friend for a weekend or a few nights, she has a dining room table that would be big enough to hold the quilt, which is 75 1/2 x 75 1/2. Her place is really the only place I can go to so I don't have to worry about pets and I know she would be more than willing to let me set things up.

The more I got to thinking about it, the more I realized that my friend and my two sisters would want to help, which would be fantastic, I can show them what it's really like to put together a quilt sandwich and get it basted together before I start hand quilting it, not to mention it would take a ton of work off of me. I'm leaning towards the herringbone - north, south, east, west and then the four other compass points, but would that be enough or should I fill in, as well?

My thinking is that if we can work together, we could have the quilt basted very fast and depending on when I get it done (early in the trip, or later), I can take my lap frame with me as well and actually start stitching, then bring it home to put it on my floor frame to finish here.

Has anybody ever done something like this and if you did, how did it work out for you?
Attached Thumbnails leahs-double-wedding-ring.jpg