View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 07:28 AM
Gemm

I've been pretty quiet here and in my quilting lately - sorry about that - but glad to see so many people staying true to the goal of using up fabric stash and being sensible about purchases! Way to go, all!

I've started dabbling again in my hoard of fabrics and found myself poking through the box of HSTs I picked up while thrifting. I've already made one quilt (blue and beige hourglasses) inspired by those little bits and have now chosen to work with aquatic tones based on a set of four related prints in the HST box. It's lovely to have a quilt without a deadline as there are so many things to do around the house and garden now that the summer is here. I've gone through the rest of my stash of smaller pieces (no yardage was harmed in the making of this quilt other than a piece of white for background) and found another 21 fabrics that blend in and am now making these finds up into 3.5" pinwheels. Not expecting to be able to post any finishes soon, but am so pleased to have found so many fabrics that play together well.

I've also been keeping in touch with Iceblossom and she hopes to be back in the fall after navigating the challenges of her cross-country move to central Illinois. Her fabric is all packed and she's shortlisting which machines will be making the move with her. They still haven't sold the house and don't yet have a forwarding address but are expecting to be moving sooner rather than later so it's going to be a very busy few months, I think! She does send her greetings, though. :-)

Look forward to seeing more posts of stash-reducing celebrations! Happy summer quilting, all!