View Single Post
Old 07-22-2022, 08:57 PM
Gemm

Sounds like you have some great stash-based projects in your future, MaryKa! I look forward to seeing what you come up with - I hope you'll post some pictures!

I find I prefer this process of looking at the fabric and finding inspiration from that direction rather than having a pattern in mind and then hunting down the fabric to make it work (other than for I Spy quilts which are a different kettle of fish altogether). It also fits in with the goals we share in this thread. :-D Granted, I'm still a relative neophyte in the realm of quiltmaking so maybe I just haven't discovered the joy of having all of my fabrics completely coordinated and cohesive without having to worry about it or audition 50 pieces of fabric to find the one I need!

I have found one of the most enjoyable things about gifted or found collections of fabric is to take a picture of the fabric when I get it or when I've first pulled for a quilt (if I've been "gifted" it from my stash) and then to take a picture of the final product to celebrate the beauty that comes from randomness. Small things can give such great pleasure. :-)