View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022, 02:32 AM
Macybaby

I've not had much time for sewing this summer. I'm another in the middle of a house remodel. Been working hard getting the kitchen cabs made, finished and installed. While it was real nice having the studio kitchen to use while the main one was torn apart, it's not so fun after doing a second set of cabinets! Spent about 20 hours prepping and painting the last three days, and now it's time to go to work again.

On a really good note, got an email that our soapstone counters have shipped, and I'm planning on installing the tile backsplash in the main kitchen this weekend. we only have the new bathroom to complete, and then the remodel is basically done (another full time job). This house hasn't been that bad, only two years. The last one was a full gut and rebuild of a 115 year old farmhouse that was more of a "tearer downer" than a "fixer upper" and that took near ten years to get every inch done. We know we've got one more house in our future (moving south to be by Kids when I retire), so I figure we'll be remodeling again at that time. Can't see us being willing to live in a house that isn't exactly what we want, since we know how to fix it.