View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 07:00 AM
IrishMom

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Loveofquilts, please post a picture. I love the denim quilt options. I have been begging relatives not to throw out their old, 100% cotton jeans so I can accumulate a bunch of denim for that quilt I will make one day.... In the meantime, I am accumulating pictures for my quilt bucket list.
Ibex - I have a pile of circles cut from old jeans to make a "cathedral" quilt. I had a pack of charm squares (5.5") that were going to be the center, but I'm not feeling it anymore. I'm thinking of using our birthday candies to make a 4 patch for the middles? Thanks for sparking the thought!

WMU - glad you got your journal back! I love Yoders and try to get to that area about every other month. I will need to get there next month for my daughter's quilt.

So, I have plenty of time (her wedding isn't until next July) but she wants a signature quilt as her guest book. I've made several different signature quilts but usually for smaller events (less sigs) and this is for my daughter so must be THE BEST! I know I want to have just the blocks there and piece it together after the wedding. So I am on the search for ideas which would fit 150 signatures/comments. So lots of detail but areas big enough for signatures. Maybe stars? Any thoughts or ideas - please share!

We just came back from visiting her and finding the......Wedding Dress!!! I'm so happy with what she found, super romantic and dreamy. Think tulle, flower appliques, and little seed pearls! Also got to see my first show on Broadway! I have seen so many musicals in Chicago and Washington DC, but this was my first real NY show, We went to see Into the Woods, it's chock full of Tony award and Tony nominated actors. A truly special night.

Onward to catch up on all of my work since we have been gone - have a great week ladies!