View Single Post
Old 08-13-2022, 05:34 PM
Loveofquilts

Thank you ibex94, we are doing better. I think I'm over the hump now finally. Hubby is still much better than my son and I. School starts on Tuesday and I'm hoping my son will be well enough to go. We've been getting all the stuff ready and clothes washed. I forgot how busy it can get. I'll get my afternoons back, that's always nice. I can actually get things done again. Like cleaning and quilting, you know the important stuff. I was watching a YouTube video that was telling me another way to use up 2.5" squares, but she went all improv and modern on it. I'm not a modern quilter, maybe i am with my choices of fabric but not the style. I admire others who make beautiful art quilts and such, but it doesn't call me to make it. Maybe that is part of the evolution of the quilter. Learning new things and progressing on. I learned how to use zippers this summer to put in my tote bags and I'm pretty proud of that. Lol! I guess I decided to write a book again. I'm really looking forward to fall this year. I'm missing wearing my hoodies and jackets. As I'm getting older and closer to the change I'm really not liking summer down south a whole lot. I can handle being colder than hot now, which used to be the opposite. I hope you all are doing well and having fun with the little bit of summer we have left. It will be cold before you know it. Take care.