View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 04:35 PM
quiltsfor

I do a digital journal. I start by opening a file on my computer and put down any notes, directions that I need to do the pattern, including a copy of the actual pattern that I have scanned or a pdf copy if it came that way. Then I put a picture of the fabrics I'm using from my fabric file (I keep a file of a picture of all purchased fabrics) then I take a camera picture of the fabric on the cutting table layed together, then as I complete each step, I take a couple of pictures and add them to the file. All the pictures taken with my camera are dated, so I can follow how long I worked on it.

I don't write in it everyday like a diary. I just record the quilt process as I do it and keep notes of any problem places and how I worked through them. And I also record any changes I made, so if I want to make it again I'm good to go.

If you go digital, just remember to make backups. I lost a bunch of files when one of my computers bit the dust, and wasn't able to get the files back. The techs tried, but it was totally fried. Learned a good lesson, I did!

Last edited by quiltsfor; 08-22-2022 at 04:40 PM.