Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt joural...Do you? >

Quilt joural...Do you?

Quilt joural...Do you?

Old 08-25-2022, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsfor View Post
One thing also to remember is that you don't want to just have the website address to the quilt pattern in the file, if that is where you got it, because as time goes on, a lot of websites are taken down, or that pattern is no longer on the website. That's why I put an actual copy of the pattern in the file.
Agree! Websites also get redesigned and what was so easy to locate it one day, a month later cannot be found. It may be listed under a new name, a new topic or however the site designer chooses to refresh the site. I save a copy of the pattern in a file on my laptop too. Periodically, I do go through them and dump those that I know that I will never make, just like stash, from time to time it needs to be cleaned out.
Old 08-25-2022, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
I'm digital. Here's a screenshot of my "Quilts" folder.
Your's looks very much like mine but mine is not as qrganized. I also keep a back up on a usb drive just in case I lose the computer files.
Old 08-26-2022, 09:11 AM

Mine's in "the cloud". I can access it from my phone and any computer. No backing up needed.
Old 09-01-2022, 10:31 AM

I use the technology SuzSLO uses. The Notes App. I open up a new title for each project and add notes and pics as I go along, Until the project is completed. Then I take a completed pic of the project and print out my note and place the printed out note and put in a binder. I also keep a list in notes of quilts in progress and what stage I’m at with each project. This is really handy for picking a project to complete. I normally have the project, materials and pattern all together in a bag or normally a box. This works well for me.