View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 05:12 PM
WMUTeach

I have casually done a journal for the past three years. This year I got serious and use a MEAD 9 X 5 spiral notebook. I made a list of quilt goals for the year and taped it to the inside front cover. Then each month I start with monthly goals for myself. It may be UFOs, specific WIP or quilts for individuals on my list. As the month progresses I give each quilt about a page and write out my cutting plan, projected size, and a simple pencil drawing of any difficult parts. I tape small fabric samples and include manufacture/color or numbers just in case I need to get more. (This has saved my cookies a couple of times) Finally at the bottom of the page I write the date the top is finished, the date the quilt is finished and who it was given to or if I donated. Sometimes I will note how I would change the pattern or just do differently.

UFOs and WIPs get less detail but the info is there!

It has taken a while to get this routine down but now it works. I have a record of my work. Photos I save by year in folders on my computer and I date each quilt photo with the finished date and if donated or gifted.

Quiltsfor, a good idea to back up photos! Where is that extra thumb drive any way!

Loving how we all approach journaling differently. Refreshing to see all of the options.