View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 06:20 AM
MaryKa

Originally Posted by farmquilter View Post
I have just been put on the list for funeral meals at my church. I would be taking deviled eggs, but I seem to be having issues with peeling them to look decent to serve.
Please offer your detailed method of cooking them to peel well. I would need to do 2 dozen eggs for each funeral meal.
My eggs would be brown and some green eggs from a friend's backyard hens. I have an IP pressure cooker but want the 2-dozen cooked all at once.

My current method: a 2-day process, boil in softened water with 1 T vinegar, to a rolling boil for 3-4 minutes, off heat and cover for 1/2 an hour or so, drain. Then in fridge overnight to peel and make them deviled the morning of the meal. This method was given to me but was told NEVER use brown eggs only white.
Was given a suggestion to gently roll the egg on the counter to crack all over--still ended up with 4 ugly eggs out of 12.
I would "cheat" Walmart is now selling Hard boiled eggs by the 6-pack. These are mostly pealrd proper. In all the packs I've bought I have had only 1 with a dessed up peal off. The company that cooks them do a great job. I use them as my only source of Hard boikrd eggs since I found them about a year ago. Have a good date as well.