View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 07:40 PM
MaryKa

Default Help--Stash just grew LARGER----Longer

The saying goes "Best laid plans of mice and men..." It should also say of STASH builders with a plan.

Much of my stash was going to be used for 1) Children's Clothing up to size 10-girls and size 3-boys NOT making flys. I have always hated making them. 2) 18-inch doll clothes. 3) quilts.

Yesterday I felt Great about calling to see how many (approx) dolly outfit packs I would need as last year my church gave away Christmas items to over 700 children. So I knew I would need a number for the amount of Christmas packs to make as every little girl needs beautiful clothes for their brand new dolly. bum-- they are only giving about 1/2 dozen dolls this year. So all those wonderful girls getting dollyand clothing for their new baby will be 12 at the most.

They will still be doing Christmas but not the same as last year. It will be an entirely different program this year. They are going to be putting together packages of an entire different theme. The Pastor said they have not received any requests this year for dolls and oddly enough none for tablets/cell phones or other electronic devices.

So all my Reduce the Stash Plans went bottoms down and out. Will be making the doll clothes for the Salvation Army and Something for Toys 4 Tots--My brother is a former Marine.

Anybody got any extra ideas? Will take All under consideration. Thanks for any and all input.

Last edited by MaryKa; 08-30-2022 at 07:44 PM.