View Single Post
Old 08-31-2022, 03:30 AM
peaceandjoy

Originally Posted by MaryKa View Post
I would "cheat" Walmart is now selling Hard boiled eggs by the 6-pack. These are mostly pealrd proper. In all the packs I've bought I have had only 1 with a dessed up peal off. The company that cooks them do a great job. I use them as my only source of Hard boikrd eggs since I found them about a year ago. Have a good date as well.
I have seen these both at WM and the regular grocery, sold by Best Eggs. I've hesitated getting them as they are more expensive, and also wondered if they would be harder and rubbery? Or odd shaped as they are all atop one another in a bag.

All of the recommendations for Insta Pot really have me leaning that way. The problem is that we have not enough cupboard space; I'd have to think about where I could easily store one that it would be handy - because if it isn't handy, I know I won't use it.

I've always done the cold water, bring to a boil, move to ice water method, but if those eggs are new, the shells are awful to get off. I will say that for soft boiled, I now use a method DD sent to me, putting them in boiling water and starting timing then. Perfect every time - but I'm just removing the top for those, so no need to pry shells off

Last edited by peaceandjoy; 08-31-2022 at 03:32 AM.