View Single Post
Old 08-31-2022, 03:37 AM
WMUTeach

I am a Project Linus quilter also. Look for the name of the local PL coordinator in your area. He or she can let you know what is needed in your area. In my area there are between 500 and 700 requests per month. The quilts go to foster care children, fire/police departments, homeless children, hospitals and other agencies that assist families. I remind myself often that not all children are babies. Therefore, most of my donation quilts are made for older children, adolescents. If you donate locally there is no cost except your materials and time. I ask for and receive a receipt of donation so I can deduct the material cost as a donation on Income Tax.

I like to try new patterns I stumble across and those become donation quilts. I also have three or four simple leader/ender or easy peasy patterns that I use. PL satisfies my need to create and helps keep someone warm and snuggled when they need a hug.......and it reduces my stash.

I am also part of a group that makes fabric items for one of our local hospitals: chemo bags, heart pillows for breast cancer after care, walker bags and fleece hats and mittens. Snoop around your area, MaryKa, I just bet there are organizations that would love your help and productivity.