Old 08-31-2022, 05:05 AM
quiltsfor

Originally Posted by Schill93 View Post
I have a lot of Creative Grid rulers, but can't help wondering how the Quilter's Select rulers compare in both good fabric adherence (not moving) and visibility. My old eyes have trouble seeing the lines.
If you don't want to go to the expense of buying new rulers, you can put a ruler grip on the back help keep it from slipping on the fabric. Here are a couple for example: Omnigrid invisible grip TightGrips you can use to cover the entire back of the ruler, or you can cut it and just put pieced scattered on the ruler back or they also have circle grips as well. Or you can use a handle on your rulers: Ruler grip handle These are a whole lot cheaper than replacing your rulers.

Also: You can use painters tape to show your cutting line on your ruler. I put it on the top of my ruler when I am going to be making multiple cuts of the same length/width, putting the tape as long length wise as I need to cut the fabric piece. I put it almost to the measuring line so that I can readily see that the last line showing before the tape is the line I am using on the ruler. Only takes a moment to put it on and you can leave it on until you no longer need to cut anymore to that size. It comes off without leaving any marks or sticky on your ruler.