View Single Post
Old 08-31-2022, 05:47 PM
MaryKa

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
I have seen these both at WM and the regular grocery, sold by Best Eggs. I've hesitated getting them as they are more expensive, and also wondered if they would be harder and rubbery? Or odd shaped as they are all atop one another in a bag.

All of the recommendations for Insta Pot really have me leaning that way. The problem is that we have not enough cupboard space; I'd have to think about where I could easily store one that it would be handy - because if it isn't handy, I know I won't use it.

I've always done the cold water, bring to a boil, move to ice water method, but if those eggs are new, the shells are awful to get off. I will say that for soft boiled, I now use a method DD sent to me, putting them in boiling water and starting timing then. Perfect every time - but I'm just removing the top for those, so no need to pry shells off
I have only had 1 egg that was partly missing the white. As long as you use them within the date (plus 1 week) they are fine. Since I sit in the power chair I don't cook much any more and since I am alone cooking on the stove makes very little sense in my opinion. Also I do not have nor want an instapot.

The eggs are more expensive but that is because the need to pay for their electric and employees that do the work. Both of which I have no problem with for myself. I understand if someone does not like the extra expense but I use a lot of boiled eggs as I need to eat a something with meds. The eggs are perfect as I have many diet restriction due to renal problems. I used to eat a handful of mixed nuts with my last meds--can't ever eat nuts again. The boiled eggs fill the problem of no nuts, No beef. No pork. No to many veggies. No to things that I was told all my life these are the "healthy" foods and then I find they are not healthy like we were told.

I have never had one of the eggs that did not taste right. Non have ever been rubbery, tuff, or tasting "funny". Again just be certain to check the date. The dates are always within one month on walmart shelves. It's the only store I shop for food--still the best price in this area.

I use Great Day. I have seen the Best Egg and have not bought them due to sitting ontop of each other. That bothered me as well because I could not see them properly. The great Day are 6 eggs to a package and I've only found them at my 1 Neighborhood Walmart. We have 3 here in this city 2 Neighborhood and 1 Super. Maybe it's just me but I refuse to shop at either of the other two.

When Momma passed, several people from my store came to her funeral--including the manager. When I get to the store, several walk with me to help get things off the upper shelves--even the manager. All of them stop to visit. Several have "discussed" which one was going to win the coin toss as to who delivers my packages. They are a great group of people and I love all of them. Would not shop anywhere else.

Last edited by MaryKa; 08-31-2022 at 06:01 PM.