View Single Post
Old 09-09-2022, 05:31 AM
Snooze2978

Default Irish Chain Quilt, how to quilt it?

I've got an Irish Chain quilt on the frame right now and I have no idea how to quilt it. It's for an older couple in my congregation and he asked for pine green so used it as my main fabric and used a bunch of various green scraps plus a white with pale grey to outline the larger green blocks. This quilt is screaming custom quilting especially with those large green blocks at 18"x 22 as all my little blocks are 2x2. The quilt is 104x104 so huge.

I've been searching thru pinterest for ideas, all my quilting patterns, etc and just can't come up with a suitable combination. I'm sure I'll use my plain piano key pattern for the border as it goes with pretty much everything and it's only 4.5 inches. The 2.0 sash next to the border will probably get my single circles or my slinky pattern but from there on, I'm stumped. Any ideas, photos, sites to check out will be greatly appreciated.

Also, when I went to put my backing on, my note on it said 108x110 but when I measured it, it was only 104x110 so I'll have to scab another piece of backing onto it. Darn it all. Luckily I have another piece but only 60x108. Wonder why that one piece was so short and it wasn't cut on the sides as it still has it's salvages.

Thanks for your ideas. Here's an EQ8 printout of what the quilt sort of looks like. I decided against the triple sashing and only have 1 white sashing next to the border but the rest is correct.
Attached Thumbnails triple-irish-chain.jpg