View Single Post
Old 09-10-2022, 09:55 AM
MaryKa

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I have a child’s Crayola light box from Walmart that serves as my light box. There are many home made alternatives. You can use a window during the day. You can use a clear plastic bin with a light underneath. You can lay a piece of acrylic over the separation in a leaf table with a table lamp underneath. Google home made light box and you will get lots of options. I hope someone can find you a source for actual pattern but if not, you made need a do it yourself option.
I have a homemade light box. I went to Home Depot and asked if they had a nice sized scrap of plexiglass and a few pieces of lumber that would fit that plexiglass panel, wood glue and nails and a brand new hammer. (lost mine in our last move). He was curious about what I was making with the wood and I told him I was making a lightbox for quilting and sewing. He asked why so small. I then explained that I have a light that plugs into my computer usb port and I needed the light box to use that light. The light box sits over my computer and I draw whtever I need. He also showed me how to fix the top table to be above the pattern table and gave me everything for $10 because the pattern I showed him was one that his mother and grandmother had made for each of the boys in the family (all for the same Christmas) and had to tape the pattern pieces onto the glass window to get them onto paper to make the pattern. He said he still had his quilt and it will be passed down to his eldest son this December 24th. My light box measures 15 by 10 and fits over my laptop. I used to use the window method but love my lightbox much better.