Thread: Queen Elizabeth
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2022, 04:08 AM
WMUTeach

I watched all of the funeral events and glad I did. Such dignified show of honor to a rare monarch. BBC's coverage was excellent. It had very little of the chatter that we Americans expect during events like this. There were long stretched of silence when you could just watch and listen to the sounds of the procession or the services. During the time the between the funeral at Westminster Abbey and the service at Windsor, there was a time when interesting little facts and interviews were presented. A lovely morning free of commercials or rehashing of controversial royal family problems. It was left as a time to remember and honor Queen Elizabeth!h. The music was glorious, and large portions of it modern as well as the traditional dirges by Beethoven. There were a light but meaningful moments of the bagpipes and so many little touches that were personally planned to reflect the Queen and here views of the role of the monarchy.

I am sure it is all on YouTube for you to view as you wish, all in one long sit or as smaller segments. I highly recommend BBC but other British media had good coverage too. An event in our world history that we may not fully appreciate until much later. I was touched by the number of interviews of British citizens with children at their side who stated they are not Monarchists but they wanted their children to see and remember this national event because it was important in their country's history.