Queen Elizabeth

Old 09-09-2022, 07:54 AM

The Queen was a class act. We had 2 neighbors that happened to be in England when the Cornation occured. The people loved her all over the world.
Old 09-09-2022, 07:58 AM

Her steadiness will be missed in our Commonwealth, King Charles lll has big steps to fill, following after his Mother. He has been “in training” his whole life, I wish him all the best.
Old 09-09-2022, 09:03 AM

She was a lovely woman, the last of an era. May she rest in peace.
Old 09-16-2022, 07:51 AM
Power Poster

Talk about taking duty seriously! I loved the Queen.
Old 09-19-2022, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
Heard there will be 10 of "celebration of her life". That's a long time to start private grieving.

we’ve had 10 days of national mourning is that what you’re referring to?
Old 09-19-2022, 03:44 AM

flags are still at half-staff here in the US.
Old 09-19-2022, 07:44 AM
Power Poster

“ Sleep dearie sleep”
Old 09-19-2022, 03:41 PM

I watched bits and pieces of Queen Elizabeth II ‘s funeral today. I found it very touching when the hearse passed by her pony, Emma and Emma pawed the ground and appeared to curtsy. It was also sad to me when I saw her corgis, Muick and Sandy waiting for her arrival at Windsor.
Old 09-20-2022, 04:08 AM

I watched all of the funeral events and glad I did. Such dignified show of honor to a rare monarch. BBC's coverage was excellent. It had very little of the chatter that we Americans expect during events like this. There were long stretched of silence when you could just watch and listen to the sounds of the procession or the services. During the time the between the funeral at Westminster Abbey and the service at Windsor, there was a time when interesting little facts and interviews were presented. A lovely morning free of commercials or rehashing of controversial royal family problems. It was left as a time to remember and honor Queen Elizabeth!h. The music was glorious, and large portions of it modern as well as the traditional dirges by Beethoven. There were a light but meaningful moments of the bagpipes and so many little touches that were personally planned to reflect the Queen and here views of the role of the monarchy.

I am sure it is all on YouTube for you to view as you wish, all in one long sit or as smaller segments. I highly recommend BBC but other British media had good coverage too. An event in our world history that we may not fully appreciate until much later. I was touched by the number of interviews of British citizens with children at their side who stated they are not Monarchists but they wanted their children to see and remember this national event because it was important in their country's history.