Thread: On my wish list
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 04:34 AM
Snooze2978

Gals and gents, believe me, paper piecing is not all that hard if you take your time. My 1st PP project was Jenny Beyer's Crystal Star wallhanging. 150 different fabrics used around the star with a dark background and a border fabric. Picked up all the fabrics at Jenny Beyer's back then as she had pre-cut pieces just wide/long enough for the larger size. She gave out a video how to miter cut the special border fabric. That decided for me that I love paper piecing. I gave the wallhanging to my massage gal and she has it in her room where I get to see it every 2 weeks when I go to see her.............like today in about an hour.

Since then I've used EQ8 to help me make PP blocks from time to time as it gives you precision stitchouts especially those nasty little points, etc. Here's my 1st PP project. Plus I used embroidery metallic thread to E2E quilt.

Give it a try and see what you think about PP. True, having to pull off all the paper backing may be a pain but the finish is so worth it in my book.
Attached Thumbnails crystal-star.jpg   closeup-quilting..jpg