Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
On my wish list >

On my wish list

On my wish list

Old 09-29-2022, 07:57 AM

Snooze, your first piece is absolutely gorgeous! I don't know how you ever parted from it as I think it's a masterpiece.
Someday I want to "really" learn how to PP. I've done a few hit & miss blocks to practice but still find that it taxes my mind so much.
Old 09-29-2022, 02:42 PM

Dave Sirota does classes in an interesting way to PP. He does a NY Beauty variation that could probably be adapted for this quilt which BTW is gorgeous. It would probably cost a lot to have a LA'r quilt it though. That's a lot of dense quilting
Old 09-30-2022, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
In my opinion, Pickled Orange Peel is slightly easier then Double Wedding Ring. The traditional piecing way is for confident quilters but paper piecing should make the pattern easier.
WHAT!!!?
It looks infinitely harder.
Said by someone who is struggling to make a double wedding ring sample quilt well enough to tackle the gift quilt.
Old 09-30-2022, 11:58 PM

If you happen to have a Craftsy membership, there is a class called Quick Strip Paper Piecing that is the only way I was ever able to learn how to paper piece after trying many times. Plus, it's faster than traditional PP.

Nice pattern. Search Pickle Dish Quilt images and you will find lots like that.

Watson
Old 10-02-2022, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

I have the DVD of Quick Strip Paper Piecing and my brain can't do it. I couldn't do Judy Niemeyer paper piecing method either even after two 8 hours classes. I finished the class project at home doing regular paper piecing. That way clicks in my mind. Always try new methods to find the one that works best.
Old 10-04-2022, 04:05 PM

It's beautiful, more than I want to tackle but would love to see anyone who has done it.