Thread: Squash
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 08:18 AM
sewingpup

when I bought my squash, I wanted more delicata. The vender said I could only have two as that was the only one they had a limit on. I asked why. He said they are time consuming to grow. Something about the growers have to tend them and pluck off some of the blossoms to get the remaining ones to grew big enough and that takes time! Oh, I roasted up the acorn squash I bought with the others. I only got one as acorn is not my favorite. Oh my goodness, this one was so much tastier than the ones I have gotten in the store. It was Fairly sweet and creamy and moist. Just nummy! Umm, when I go to get some more, It is going to be hard to pick out what varieties I want as everyone so far has "been the best"
I may have to try growing some now that the climate has warmed up so much. It used to be, I could plant things like pumpkin and squash but the only ones that would get big enough to eat before the first frost were zuccinnii.. Still haven't had a frost up here and it is Oct 1st. Unbelievable. Used to planning on Sept 8 or so

Last edited by sewingpup; 10-01-2022 at 08:24 AM.