View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 05:51 AM
Snooze2978

I met a gal at our local thrift store in the fabric section and we hit it off. She came by the following Wednesday for coffee and to see my sewing room. I had told her I had a couple large totes full of fleece and velor fabrics that she could have so another reason to drop by. Her churck group make quilts and other items so this would come in handy.

Now we're getting together every Wednesday as her hubby comes into town for a 4hr stint at the hospital so time for us to get together. Found a few more items I no longer needed or used and asked if she could use them and yes, she could as she doesn't have a whole lot of money for her hobby. After she left I decided to go around the 2 rooms, check thru drawers and what was hanging up on the pegboard to see if there was anything I have never used, haven't used in a very long time or might have 2 of the same. So today is shopping day at the thrift shop (Friday) and I've filled a cardboard box full of stuff to give them to sell. Slowly but surely I'm destashing my sewing room along with other rooms in the house. Feels good!!

Also found some children's panels I know I'll never use so will check to see if my friend could use them and if not, the thrift shop will get them next Friday. Might go thru some of my fabrics too and see if any no longer talk to me. Since emptying out my large totes (35gal) I've been able to fill them with my partial bolts and pushed them under the quilt frame so my cutting room looks less cluttered on the floor. Such a nice feeling. I had a box under the ironing board and behind the cutting table and they were always in the way since 2018 when I went on that quilt bus tour.