View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 06:40 AM
Railroadersbrat

Default Early Friday Morning Update

Not sure what's going on, every time I try to upload my pics, it tells me they've failed and I've tried a few times. Going to give up for now, I'll try again later.

Floor stand for my cross stitch is up and my full coverage Slow Living from Maydear is on it. I've stitched on it for a while this morning, going to take some getting used to using two hands and I'm learning to pin stitch so I don't have to flip back and forth. Lots of firsts with this one - first full coverage, first time using a floor stand, first time using the two hand method, first time with pin stitch. Don't know what I was thinking but yee haw! Actually, I take that back, my hands just can't handle all of that canvas when I was stitching in hand, I had to do something or the piece would never get finished.

Also got some reorganizing done, I've got my cross stitch stuff just about everywhere in my sewing corner, so I've been transferring patterns from their original plastic bags to some quieter plastic mesh bags. All four of my floss organizers have been cleaned out and bobbins organized by number, that was a chore and a half but glad that's done and off my back. Found all of my DMC needles and put them in the organizers and at some point in time today, I'll be getting another piece organized, floss and Aida cloth cut and ready to go.

Going to call it a day here in a little while and crawl into bed with the four legged kids and my other half. Have some dishes to do and walk up to the mailbox to put a package in. Love these weekends, I think I'm off to a pretty good start!