Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend 10/7-10/10/22 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend 10/7-10/10/22

Virtual Quilting Weekend 10/7-10/10/22

Old 10-06-2022, 04:27 PM

Default Virtual Quilting Weekend 10/7-10/10/22

Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend! What are your plans for this weekend? I have three quilts to sandwich, quilt and bind. They're lap quilts so hopefully I'll be able to finish them. The other item on my agenda is to sort through a basket of stuff in my sewing room and put away. Next VQW is November 10-13, 2022.
Old 10-06-2022, 04:47 PM

Hmmm….always try to participate in some small way….I have started a nine patch challenge so might get a few done tomorrow, Sat. Is our 40th anniv. And we are going to an Oktoberfest with DD and her in-laws to celebrate…Sunday…DD and family are coming here for Cdn. thanksgiving…and Monday my Sis is having a celebration dinner for us, and all 5 of us siblings will hopefully be there….all of us in our 70’s….come January my eldest Sis will turn 80….. here is what I have accomplished in the last couple days ….
Attached Thumbnails 3d2f5ead-2871-43bf-88f2-669a0f8d2b22.jpeg  
Old 10-06-2022, 08:20 PM

Good evening everyone.
My goals this weekend: 1= quilt & bind lock-in 2020 top (king size); 2 = bind a brown sampler quilt and bind my Bauble beads quilt; 3 = Put Halloween top together; 4 = Sew blocks together for r/w/blk top.
Old 10-06-2022, 10:35 PM

I'm in. I'm still kind of in my cross stitch mode and I'm probably planning a little too much this weekend, but I have an embroidery floor stand that I need to get together, move three sewing machines out of my way so it has a place to sit when I'm not working on it and a little bit of reorganizing. I bought a fat quarter bundle from Amazon this week that I'm trying to figure out which quilt I want to use them on, so I'll post pictures of it and then hopefully, figure out which quilt I want to do. I'm leaning towards either the Meadowland Quilt or the Carpenter's Star - either way, I think it'll be a beautiful quilt because the colors are vibrant and kind of remind me a little of candy. I do know the background is white, that's as far as I've gotten. At some point, I'll be working on bowl cozies and then if I still have enough left in the gas tank, I may work on my sister's quilt for a day. I know I have some floss bobbins coming either today or Saturday, but all my floss has been bobbinated, so that'll just be to get them out of the package and into my cross-stitch bag.

The weather has been very kind to me this last couple of weeks and it's planning to be the same this weekend, not a chance of rain anywhere in the forecast and the temperatures are seasonal. So, I'm going to get as much done as I can while I still feel really good and strong. Even if I don't get everything done I want to do this weekend, it's going to be fabulous to be in my sewing corner with my quilting sisters. I missed last VQW, I'm not going to miss this one.

Old 10-07-2022, 02:15 AM

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get in some quilting time this weekend, and would love to join you :-)

Alongside two birthday parties (one Sat, one Sun) and DS's football training I'll be hoping to work on:
  • Cutting and piecing the first few blocks from Piecing the Past's new quiltalong 'Harvest Gatherings' (now that my background fabric has arrived) - I'm planning on doing a smaller version than theirs, maybe large wallhanging size, and am excited to start something new!
  • Continue handquilting on Cats and Pumpkins tablerunner - I'm partway through ditching the inner border (mainly to keep it in place) and am finding it incredibly boring. It seemed like a good idea when I started... I then need to move on to the decorative quilting for the inner and outer border.
  • Maybe do some more DSM quilting of the Christmas tree skirt I made last year - it could do with a bit more of something, but I haven't quite decided what yet
Oooh the possibilities!

Happy quilting everyone :-)
Old 10-07-2022, 03:17 AM

Goodness this one snuck up on me! Not that I don't have any projects to work on.

1. Quilt one large baby/throw quilt.
2. Layer one more quilt.
3. Go to Shipshewana with friends on Saturday. (Going to shop for baking ingredients, a bed spread, bird seed and just a little bit of fabric. )
4. Cut the pieces for an exchange block challenge with my quilt group.
5. Make my ornament for the ornament swap - Shh------can't tell what I am working on.
6. If I get bored.............quilt and add binding to some holiday potholder gifts.

More than enough for any weekend!

High-ho, high-ho its off to quilt I go! .
Old 10-07-2022, 03:27 AM

I have 2 bed runners to work on. Pieces for pinwheels have been cut and ready to start sewing on them. Then to start another project. Will it be a Xmas quilt or pieced dragonflies? We’ll see what strikes me first
Old 10-07-2022, 06:40 AM

Default Early Friday Morning Update

Not sure what's going on, every time I try to upload my pics, it tells me they've failed and I've tried a few times. Going to give up for now, I'll try again later.

Floor stand for my cross stitch is up and my full coverage Slow Living from Maydear is on it. I've stitched on it for a while this morning, going to take some getting used to using two hands and I'm learning to pin stitch so I don't have to flip back and forth. Lots of firsts with this one - first full coverage, first time using a floor stand, first time using the two hand method, first time with pin stitch. Don't know what I was thinking but yee haw! Actually, I take that back, my hands just can't handle all of that canvas when I was stitching in hand, I had to do something or the piece would never get finished.

Also got some reorganizing done, I've got my cross stitch stuff just about everywhere in my sewing corner, so I've been transferring patterns from their original plastic bags to some quieter plastic mesh bags. All four of my floss organizers have been cleaned out and bobbins organized by number, that was a chore and a half but glad that's done and off my back. Found all of my DMC needles and put them in the organizers and at some point in time today, I'll be getting another piece organized, floss and Aida cloth cut and ready to go.

Going to call it a day here in a little while and crawl into bed with the four legged kids and my other half. Have some dishes to do and walk up to the mailbox to put a package in. Love these weekends, I think I'm off to a pretty good start!
Old 10-07-2022, 07:41 AM

Putting together a baby quilt from a panel with flannel backing. Both pieces were picked up at a Thrift store and I will complete it and donate it to Santa's Helpers along with a stuffed animal and a book.
Old 10-07-2022, 07:58 AM

With luck I'm in this weekend. Between my husbands truck problems and block party at church on Sunday, I'm not sure how much time I will get to sew.
But if I do, I have 2 quilts to stitch the binding down for church and 3 UFO's to finish, plus a pair of socks to darn.
I think the sock will at least get done.
Happy stitching everyone!