Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend 10/7-10/10/22 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend 10/7-10/10/22

Virtual Quilting Weekend 10/7-10/10/22

Old 10-09-2022, 11:23 AM

Just checking in, as usual my time is not my own. I did get the pair of socks darned yesterday so I take that as a win. Today I have gotten one of the church quilts sewn, but now I have to take a break in sewing the second to go back to church to the block party. I know I will have a little more time tonight to sew and then most of the day tomorrow.

Love the pictures and happy sewing everyone!
Old 10-10-2022, 12:10 AM

Well, progress is slow. There’s 20 of the PP arcs on the border. And my body only wants to sit in my sewing chair for about an hour and a half. So, I got piece #4 sewn on. Will iron them today. This one is slow. Good thing I’m persistent!
Old 10-10-2022, 04:18 AM

1) Finished the center of my soon to be nephew's "baby" quilt that will come.out twin sized (57x87 when I add the border).

2) since quilt will be too big at first I whipped up a quicky for a right now using the "One Hour Baby quilt"
One hour baby quilt
I do not include the fabric pull or initial pressing - and it took me about 2 hours (2+ episodes of NCIS) but definitely achievable if you have a stash and need something fast.

3)Last project for today is to do the final prep for another niece project to go out to the longarm lady. Needs 1 more strip added to the backing, find that popped seam and repair, and choose pantograph. I should probably also contact the longarm lady and make sure she's available....
Old 10-10-2022, 05:39 AM

Got a fair amount of quilting done on Big Fish yesterday. Looks like that's all I'll be working on today as well. Will post a pic once I've got some more of the quilting done.

Rob
Old 10-10-2022, 07:14 AM

WMUTeach--wow you've accomplished a lot this weekend!

Quiltah Mama--that's awesome about selling all four of your quilts

Margetoday--how is Twirling. Fan coming along?

kyquiltlover1942--hand quilting takes time, I'm impressed. Just think how happy you'll be when it's done.

Yesterday was my By Annie class. Open Wide is done and I'm happy with how it turned out. I'm actually happy with how the whole weekend has gone. Although I didn't get the quilt tops sandwiched and ready, I've made some good progress on other things that needed to be done. And Monday isn't over yet!
Old 10-10-2022, 12:23 PM

I got some of the dragonflies for my next quilt done. All the pieces are cut and marked for the remainder of them. I should have stayed in my sewing room and finished these.
Attached Thumbnails 36274017-9cf1-4a01-b3db-4d4e3253a6ca.jpeg  
Old 10-10-2022, 12:28 PM

Got a lot accomplished this weekend, I think I'm stuck in cross-stitch mode for a little longer, the only thing I didn't get done was the bowl cozies, lol. I'm not complaining though, it was such a great weekend for me, I'm so much more organized than I was before and I'm relishing just how much faster my cross stitching has become with the floor stand. If I had known that I would benefit from one of these, I would have done it years ago. So, everything I got done this weekend....

Cross stitch floor stand put together
Cross stitch patterns and cloth organized
DMC floss organizers cleaned out and re-organized
Desk, sewing cabinet, ironing station cleaned and re-organized

I feel great with what I got done - see everyone next month!
Old 10-10-2022, 12:43 PM

Here's a pic of what I've gotten done so far on the Big Fish quilt. I'm still at the stitching in the ditch phase or in this case, using black thread to stitch around every single thing... Will keep at it until dinner time, then I think I'll be ready for a break.

It's been great to read about what everyone is working on this weekend. Thanks for hosting, Raggiemom!

Rob
Attached Thumbnails img_3174.jpeg  
Old 10-10-2022, 04:00 PM

Monday update:
1. I never touched the baby quilt, so it is not quilted or bound.
2. I did layer one more quilt on Friday. The local senior center, just opened this summer, has a large room with tables on wheels that we can move around. Perfect for layering quilts.
3. I did go to Shipshewana with friends and gazed on many wonderful quilts and bolts of fabric.
4. Cut the pieces for an exchange block challenge and pieced the blocks. Now making sure each is the correct measurements.
5. Minimal progress on my ornament for the ornament swap.
6. I layered and quilted 10 potholders but never got to the binding.

Progress is often slow but it will all get done as needed.
Old 10-11-2022, 12:39 PM

Tried to post yesterday on my Kindle fire, but the internet was being fussy. I was able to get both church quilts done and the socks darned but nothing else, so no work on the UFOs. This morning I stitched another church quilt and was able to pin the fourth. On the way to mom today I dropped off the 3 finished quilts, and did some quick shopping for our dinner. I was able to get mom's shopping done in under an hour and when I got back to her house she was up dressed and had her meds. So nice when she cooperates about getting up. I was back home by 3 so I have time to finish the last quilt and sit in the yard for a bit. I think this will be the last warm day up here. App on the phone said it's 80 out there, awesome for Minnesota in October. On the other hand I think I will reverse the order, sit in my swing chair then sew.

Thanks Heather for a awesome VQW see you next month.