View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 07:30 AM
Gemm

Been a while since we've seen a post here, so I hope that means there's lots of stash shopping going on! I've been prevented from doing much quilting lately because of the addition of a VERY energetic puppy to our household, but it hasn't stopped me from thinking about using up stash.

Right now I've got a project I'm chipping away at (I get about 15 minutes of quiet in the sewing room a week these days), but it's SO in tune with this thread. I'm using an old quilt top I made back in the 90s with serious scraps (it's not as ugly as it might have been, but neither is it lovely). It's got some bits of polyester, some bits of I don't know what, including a hat band I didn't like on a fedora I owned back then, and a few pieces of raw silk left over from having a bridesmaid's dress made. I'm using a trimmed down mattress pad as batting and am in the process of cutting squares out of fabric I don't think I'll ever be able to use up in a serious quilt for the backing. All of this is to make a cover for the back seat of my car, since the new puppy thinks any fabric/upholstery/carpet is there for her to practice digging on. I'm hoping this will hold up to her persistent efforts!

Hope eventually to have a picture to share, but for now, just thought I'd post about the idea/early progress. I'd love to hear other people's stories of "using up"!

Last edited by Gemm; 10-07-2022 at 07:31 AM. Reason: replaced emoticon