View Single Post
Old 10-20-2022, 06:45 AM
sewingpup

Years ago, I bought the magnifier lens attachment for my Bernina. This consists of three different strength lens that attach to the machine and magnify the needle area. I did use it briefly and found it did help but also got in the way sometimes. I then had my annual eye exam and as I had just gotten a long arm, I asked the eye doctor to give me a prescription so I can see better. He suggested that I get bifocals that corrected for reading and also midrange for when I was long arming and also for the computer. I love them! Because they are bifocals, they have a larger area then trifocals would have and it is easier on my neck to use them. However, it is difficult to walk with them on as there is no far distance correction. After I got them, I did stop using the Bernina lens. One of my friends did send me some sort of a magnifier system that I think would look like loups that dentist uses but I really haven't tried it yet as my longarming/computer prescription glasses are working just fine.