View Single Post
Old 10-22-2022, 02:54 PM
Gemm

A couple of pictures to celebrate progress (I wish I could say a finish, but baby steps are still steps forward, right?) on this project.

The front, as I have mentioned before, was made about 25 years ago out of a frighteningly random selection of often non-cotton fabrics. I have just added the two white strips on the sides to make it the size I wanted. The back is a collection of 9-7/8" squares (don't talk to me - they were supposed to be 10" but, well, I'm going to blame poor focus while cutting on the puppy). :-) The Looney Tunes and bright green fabrics were a gift from a QB friend and the rest of the fabrics were in a bag of "what am I going to do with these?" A couple were suspected, again, of not being cotton and there really is limited use for beer advertising in quilts. :-) All in all, I'm really quite pleased with how nice and bright it is and am looking forward to replacing the old towels that are currently protecting the back seat of the car from dog hair and dirty paws.

As a final win - I am using an old mattress pad as batting and my usual pin basting is not going to cut it so I headed off to the LQS and walked out with... a can of spray baste!!! Nothing else!!! :-D

Now I just need some time and space to layer things up and get it basted then stitched together. Baby steps!
Attached Thumbnails poppys-car-quilt-front.jpg   poppys-car-quilt-back.jpg  

Last edited by Gemm; 10-22-2022 at 02:58 PM.