View Single Post
Old 10-23-2022, 03:32 AM
WMUTeach

Well, my quilty friends, here is a photo of an "all from stash" quilt I finished at a retreat a week ago. In Post 293, I mentioned starting with the back and using those colors as inspiration for the colors on the front of the quilt. The quilt in the attached photo was a mystery project from my quilt group. The top is done, the back is cut and it will go out to be quilted this week. (I quilt most of my own but now and again, one requires something different.) I have to mention the photo colors are a bit off. The back fabric looks green but it is really turquoise as in the top. Every bit of this quilt is from stash Yeah!, and I have enough left overs/scraps to make a baby quilt.

The backing fabric came from a shop that was closing and selling everything right to the walls. So... why not choose something that was out of my style and color zone. Less than a year later we started the mystery with directions to not use large scale prints. My backing was perfect. It contained the number of colors needed and I had them all in my color bins waiting to be cut up and stitched together. Another Yeah!. Success all around in my book.
Attached Thumbnails 2022-10-15-mystery-quilt-resized.jpg