View Single Post
Old 10-23-2022, 05:18 PM
quiltsfor

Unhappy Goodbye basting spray, hello...

I've finally reached the point that I'm down to a couple of small cans of the stash of the basting spray that I had. Definitely not enough for the quilt I am working on now. So, I I thought I'd go online and order another few cases as I usually do. Well, I think not. It took my breath away to see the price they were since the last time I purchased them, close to double a can, and I thought it was expensive even back then.

So, after doing some searches online for other brands, and finding them expensive as well, I think I may be going old school - back to pinning my quilt sandwiches together.

But, I had one spit thought and since I use a glue stick (Elmer's School Glue) for applique, I'm wondering if I could just use it as sparingly to hold the sandwich together, like where I would normally put pins. Is this a good idea or not? Hopefully this type won't leave marks/stains on the fabric. (it doesn't for the applique) but my applique usually isn't light colored fabric. I do DMQ with quilting rulers, so I would have to remove the pins before quilting each section. Using the stick glue would be easier if it would work to keep my sandwich together.

I could use some advice and ideas from the collective minds on a good direction to go.