View Single Post
Old 10-28-2022, 06:09 PM
Loveofquilts

Received my last side swap from happylab today. Oh so I have some pretty candies! Thank you happylab, very much appreciated. Thank all you ladies for a great Xmas swap!

I agree with ibex94 about fall in Texas. There is a wonderful smell in the air, that means fall is here. Smells a little cold and a little earthy I guess. It's very distinctive. I love the cooler weather and the cold fronts starting up again. We usually are very happy to see them because we need the rain they bring. The leaves falling and the changing colors are beautiful, though not as many colors as other places have. Still very pretty though. The migrating birds come through the yard and have a buffet of sunflower seeds or thistle at our feeder. I want to grow some sunflowers and feed them the seeds, I think that would be a really nice touch. The afternoons are still quite warm, but even in the winter the afternoons can get nice and warm. It does get cooler up here in north east Texas than it does down in Southern Texas. I lived east and Central most of the time and northern has taken a bit to get used to. Crazy to say that there is a decent temperature change in Texas, but there is. Texas is a very very big place. Our saying here is, "Wait 10 minutes and the weather will change." That's usually true, not always but usually. I'm blathering now so I'll stop. I just wanted to expound on her words about fall.