View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 09:45 AM
Chasing Hawk

Default Fall-Apart Pork Stew

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16...lctg=158319407

I made this yesterday for Supper. It turned out to be so delicious. I played around a bit with the spices for the marinade, such as used half the cinnamon and nutmeg, didn't have any parsley so I substituted Cilantro and only used half what was called for. Since we both don't care for Butter beans (Lima beans) I did another sub and added Pearl Barley instead, I cooked the barley in a separate pan then spooned about 2/3 of it into the stew. I suspect I will need to add a bit more broth when I warm it up today for supper. Oh, and the spinach I bought one of those pre packaged plastic tubs of it and put half in with the meat and the other half in the stew, it was perfect.
From what I read in the comment section making the recipe as written it was a bit spicy. I omitted the red pepper flakes. The stew still had a bit of a bite with all the spices that were in the marinade. Another thing I did was I put the liquid from cooking the meat in a measuring cup and let it settle then skimmed of the liquid itself and left all the solid spices in the cup.
I plan on making this again next week to take over to our two sons hand their families.