View Single Post
Old 11-03-2022, 05:52 AM
Snooze2978

I tend to make a number of soups in my 20qt stock pot, split it into 2 - 1/2gal containers and freeze them for later. This year I've started out with 14 1/2 gal containers of soup that I made earlier in the year using stock from the garden and just adding the meat to them. Since acquiring an Instant Pot both in the 3qt and 6qt size, I've been keeping up with making a sweet and tart yogurt just about every other week as it's just me. Plus of course to go with the yogurt, I make a granola to mix in with the sweet yogurt for breakfast. Seasoned crackers using oyster crackers for the soups. Those are also great in salads during the summer time.

Since getting the Instant Pots, also, I've been looking for various desserts I can make using it. I made my very 1st cheesecake in the Instant Pot and it came out great. Cooked up some raspberries from the garden to make a sauce to go over it.

Also, with a over abundance of tomatoes last year, I went to dehydrating them. The cherry and grape tomatoes weer cut in half beforehand and then once dried, placed in a quart canning jar and put into the cabinet for recipes calling for sun dried tomatoes. The larger tomatoes, grounded into a rough powder to add to any tomato sauces that were a little watery once heated up. Sucks up the extra juice right up. The green tomatoes, my sister figured out how to bread them like we do for eggplant parmasean, bake them and then freeze them for later. I'll pull a couple out, throw them into my air fryer for 4-5 minutes and then add some of my yogurt over top of it. I also do this with the eggplant slices but add my marinara sauce and some shredded cheese nuked over for a snack.