View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 11:14 AM
Peckish

Isn't it stupid, the hoops we have to jump through to get the items we buy to work the way we want them to??

I bought my Speed Queen specifically because the tub would fill all the way to the top. I also had my son disconnect the lid lock. When I want to wash in hot water, I swap the hoses on the faucets and choose cold water wash and rinse. Ha!

I did 2 years worth of research, so I knew exactly what I wanted when my old machine broke down. Neither my husband nor the salesman believed me. They kept wanting me to look at several other machines. The salesman told me "XYZ brand machine is the highest rated." I said "Based on what criteria?" He'd never been asked that before! He said energy and water efficiency. I said wrong answer, now sell me the Speed Queen. My husband wanted me to look at 5 other machines. I told him I had dreamed of this day for 2 years and unlike him, I'd been doing my research all along. He kept debating with me until I asked him if he was going to do any laundry, and if so, then it's only fair for him to have a say. But since we both know that I do the laundry, then I should pick the machine I want and he can keep his opinions to himself. When he thought about it that way, he agreed. Lol.