View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 08:39 AM
Gemm

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
The only color I have in a huge green bin is white/cream. I haven't space yet in my closet to move those pieces to a pair of smaller bins.
Oh WMU, this is my dream! I have lots of scraps in many colours, but my neutrals are a wee bit sparse, and because I don't generally plan my quilts ahead of time, I find it hard to know what to buy and how much (I can't really afford to buy or store by the bolt). Happily, there are a lot of scrap-happy quilters here on the forum and I'm gleaning so many wonderful ideas for how to "make do." Doesn't stop me from coveting a larger store of whites/creams, though!

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I know it has been mentioned in the past, but it really helps with the depth of fabric to purge what you don't like and what you know you will never put into a project. Donate, donate, donate. It lifts a burden and makes space for what you really want to make use of in your projects.
Lol - I tried to do this. I had a small bag of fabrics I was hoping to find another home for but then I found an old quilt top (I mentioned in some other threads) and pulled most of those fabrics out to make a backing! At least they will no longer be taking up storage space, right? One day maybe I will cure this hoarding habit...

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
I spent the best part of yesterday reclaiming my sewing room. Oh, I even cleared off 95% of the stuff on my cutting table! However, working on the most recent PIG caused me to dump more fabrc on it...part of the creative process...right?
Julie, you're absolutely right! :-D Way to go to get so much sorting done, too!